With your home club, you work your way through your first ten speeches. These address the main areas of speaking competence – body language, structure, word choice and so on. Beyond your Competent Communicator (or Competent Toastmaster) Award lies a whole new realm of speaking development experiences. The DTM Track is to help you make the transition from being merely a “competent” speaker, to being an “advanced” speaker and ultimately to being what Toastmasters call a “Distinguished” speaker.
- We work with your home club to chart a course for your communication skills development, both in speaking skills and in fulfilling the requirements for your next awards.
- Access the wisdom and experience of those that have already ‘been there’, people who can make your path easier and simpler.
- We pair you with other aspiring distinguished speakers so that you can work together, giving active feedback and support.
- You will have the option to have your speeches videotaped for later review – personally, and with your mentors.
- Be part of the high performance speaking training experiences offered in CAT’s Summiting Sessions, and access our resources for advanced speakers.
The DTM Track is about making outstanding communication and leadership skills achievable for everybody.
Daniel Smith DTM created The Path to DTM to help you track your speeches and projects along your way. Please print a copy for yourself and keep it updated.
There are also a wide selection of evaluation pages and speech objectives from various projects and manuals here.